I know pronounce you husband and wife! I loved all the fall colors at my wedding. When I got to the house my friend/sister in-law surprised me with the trellis we are standing under. She had gotten up early that morning to drive up into the mountains to gather the leaves for it and weave them in! Later she told me I had better love it because she was attacked by bees who must have not liked her disturbing their forest. Amy is terrified of bees. Again, I am always in her debt. The trellis was the Jewel in the crown. Thanks Amy!
Our colors were purple and silver. I have no idea why. Purple is not my favorite color but I think I saw a magazine clip where it looked really pretty, and in the end it looked perfect against the orange's and yellows. Beau's grandmother Nonna was kind enough to let us throw the whole shindig in her backyard. She had this beautiful house on the Provo river in Midway so it was perfect. Her backyard had a southwestern desert landscape so we thought, hey! Lets lay grass in 2 days before the wedding to set up chairs on! And so we did! It was worth it. Previously I was going to get married on the deck but people wiser than me convinced me to do it right by the river. I'm so glad I listened. :)
So once more, thanks to everyone who helped make this wedding a possibility 7 years ago. Cuz there was no way I was getting married in the multi cultural hall. If you were married in one or had your reception there I apologize. I was a bridesmaid to 6 other wedding receptions in those and had made my mind up long ago that I was not going to put crepe paper through a basket ball hoop. lol.
.jpg)
This bishop did not know us at all. We tried to get the bishop that Beau grew up with but apparently you have to get married by the bishop who has you in his jurisdiction. So of course, the bishop began the ceremony and started calling me Jeanette. I'm not making this up. He started talking about the movie "roots" and telling Jeanette how it doesn't matter if I'm old and ugly, that its beau's responsibility to love me anyway. Seriously. Thats what he said. He called me Jeanette several more times and said some other weird things, but when he got to the actual ceremony (after he was done with his "roots" metaphor) he looked at his cards and got all red. He realized he had been calling me by the wrong name but at least he got it right for the part that counts. If you are getting married in the near future, I suggest that you write out, word for word what you want the person officiating to say. In the end I didn't care. I was finally married! woohoo!
.jpg)
Me and My girls. My sister Kathryn was my Matron of honor. Then right to left is Stephanie, Amy, Mackenzie, and Haley. Don't cry Steph, you get married about a year after this. lol. I have no idea why she was making that face.
.jpg)
My Dad walking me down the aisle. I was so proud to have him with me because he has MS and he wasn't sure if he could make it down the little hill. I made sure to wear tennis shoes under my dress so I could support him. He was walking with a cane at this point but walking slowly and with my help we made it down. :) A couple years later he was wheel chair bound so I'm very thankful that he was able to be here for me.
.jpg)
My gorgeous little flower girl! Hannah.
.jpg)
I loved this little tux on my ring bearer. He was so stinking cute! Life has come full circle because the mother of my ring bearer and flower girl just got married and had my little girl and boy be her ring bearer and flower girl. Also my grandparents are sitting in the background. Both of whom have passed away. Its good to know they were there. Love you guys! Its the circle of Life, and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, Till we find our place, on the path unwinding, In the circle, the Circle of Life. haha. just had to channel a little Elton John there for ya.
.jpg)
More pictures to come of the reception. Aren't you excited?! I am! And I'm sorry if you would like to comment but can't for some reason. My blog is being weird. I'll have my repair-all man look at it soon. You can always leave a message for me on my facebook page. Love you all!

so cute I am loving this! you looked gorgeous on you wedding you part about your dad made me cry usually sarah's blogs only make me cry and now yours. so cute!!!:)
ReplyDeleteand you got mad at my phone for changing your name to jane!! ha ha.. at least mine was just missing one letter..
ReplyDeletebut thats hilarious!
ps... are you going crazy with your lightroom! ha ha.. unless they already looked like that.. either way.. i love them
ps... ha ha ha haha lolololol just to make sure you know im kiding ;)