shabby background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm engaged!


September 20th is our anniversary! I know it's not until next week but I have so many pictures I want to re-live I thought I'd start with engagement pics and the story of how we met.
I was going to have a picture here of the person we owe it all to (my now sister in-law) but I thought she might not appreciate it. ha!
I was 18 and just moved to Utah. I started working at a video store with a girl name Amy who immediately got to work arranging my future. So sneaky Amy. At the time Amy was dating Beau's little brother Taylor who
was at army school. Beau had just sworn off woman so Amy got on the phone and called Beau's mom and said, "you've got to come into the video store and check out this girl for Beau". So Dana came down and I got the thumbs up. But that wasn't good enough for Amy, oh no. Then she called Beau's grandmother "Nonna" to come in and give me the look over. Apparently I got the okay with her too because then Amy decided to have Beau come in to check out the goods. All of this was without my knowing. Beau had just sworn off women so Amy bribed him with free video game rentals. I know, right! I guess he took one look at me and told Amy to set it up. I didn't find ANY of this out until a year later right before the wedding! But I'm not mad at Amy, not one little bit. I really do owe her everything and she never let's a chance go by to remind me of it. So once again....
THANKS AMY!
Amy and Taylor got married a few years later and now she's my sister which I love. I remember being little and playing house with my girlfriends and pretending that she and I married brothers so that we could be sisters forever. haha! Real life, man.
So Beau came back to the video store and introduced himself. He shook my hand and it was all over for me. For both of us really. We've spent almost every minute together since. Love you Babe!!! If I could do it all over again, I'd still chose you!
Check out my hair! So crazy long!
Beau looks so young here! I, of course, haven't aged a day. :P
Babe, you look better with every passing day.
Beau took our engagement pictures with a self timer. I think they look pretty dang good. These were just in my sisters back yard.

3 comments:

  1. yeah.. you guys look the same weirdo! geez....
    but just wait till your 30. then youll look as old as me

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bummer i just noticed it didn't leave my comment. i told you the other day well oh well now i can't remember what i said lol. i think it was i love that story blah blah you guys are cute lol i can't remember lol

    ReplyDelete