shabby background

Friday, November 19, 2010

grateful 3

Today I am thankful for my Husband. I've been trying to avoid saying that I'm grateful for my kids and husband because of course I'm grateful for them and love them more than anything, just like everyone else. But I can't help the spousamony today, so here it comes.

Last night the second I started eating dinner I started getting sick. There is something wrong with my digestive tract because this has been happening a lot lately. I thought I had controlled it with some yogurt but then it came back... with a vengeance. So after working a 10 hour day, what did my husband do while I was indisposed? He made sure the kids finished their dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, did the dishes, then took them downstairs and cleaned up the toy room. Oh, and then if that wasn't enough he volunteered to go to the grocery store to buy me more yogurt, and diapers since I had grossly under estimated my sons ability to be a poop factory. I was so grateful that even though I was feeling so under the weather, the kitchen was gleaming, the basement was picked up, the kids were happy, and the grocery shopping was done. This is one of many times that Beau has done this for me, and it's not so much that he does all these things, it's where its coming from.

Anyone with OCD or an over bearing wife would have done those things, but I never even asked. He does it on the chance that it will make me happy. Because he loves me. AWWWWW! I wipe away a single tear as it rolls down my cheek. No not really, I just put that because my sister (who has a PhD in English) told me never to write that to illustrate sadness or longing. But I digest....

I love my husband for many many other reasons than that he does the dishes without being asked. Although, if you're a wife and mother, you know as I do, that that's about as close to heaven on earth as it gets. I could go on and on but I want to keep the cheesiness level down to a minimum. So B, if you read this, I hope you know I see all the little and big things you do for me and the family. I see them all and I am so grateful everyday. Thank you for being who you are and for letting me be me.

okay, you can all stop rolling your eyes now. Carry on!

1 comment:

  1. AWW I cried a little in that one yes I am a softy and I probably cry over every blog that I read but that was cute!!

    ReplyDelete