shabby background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

grateful

Today I am grateful for Harry Potter. Yup. And proud of it. Harry and I have been through some tough times together and he has always been there for me. Like when I was 18 and moving out of my parents house for the first time. That's when Harry and I were first introduced and it was love at first page. While I was adjusting to a new life living in Utah, Harry was adjusting to life at Hogwarts. We both found we liked it.
Then there was the time I was pregnant with my daughter and terrified of labor and being responsible for human life! Harry was there. He took my mind off of everything and made me realize there are larger things at stake. Like battling Lord Voldemort for the greater good of the wizarding community. He always helped me keep things in perspective.

I clearly remember the day the last book came out. I was a lonely mother of a beautiful 1 year old. I had just moved to a new neighborhood and my husband worked long hours. But Harry was with me! I cried, I laughed, and I even threw the book down and punched the air in triumph!

The Harry Potter books and movies have been my friends and constant companions through all my adult life and some very big forks in the road. And so J.K. Rowling I raise my butterbeer to you. Thanks for letting me escape every so often into your world.

2 more days until the first of the last 2 movies come out. I'm stoked!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you wrote this Janae! It was so entertaining to read, and by the way I'm starting a graditude journal today, I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh... your a bigger need than I ever expected. and that's the kinda stuff I like! Sarah likey

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I just laughed through this whole thing!! love it. by the way your a nerd ;)

    ReplyDelete