shabby background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grateful 6

So I didn't blog a "thankful" everyday but I did get 6 in! wohoo! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today I am thankful for my kids. They each have their own amazing personalities and they love each other so much. I'm not saying they don't ever cry or tease each other but on the whole, they are really good kids. I don't know how I got so lucky.
Last night Elle slept in Gabe's "big boy bed" that's in his room while Gabe slept in his crib so they could sleep together. This morning I awoke to the sounds of Elle and Gabe laughing. Almost every morning Elle climbs into his crib to play with him until I wake up. I can't even begin to describe how much I love that. Partially because I love my sleep and Elle gives me a few extra minutes, partly because I love waking up to my kids laughing, and partly because I love how their little relationship works.

Before I had kids I often thought that the reason people had kids was because they wanted someone to love them. They wanted to have someone who rely's on them and looks up to them. Those things are partly true for me but not the big reason I had kids. The second I looked into my baby girls beautiful brown eyes I realized I wanted children so that I could love them. There may come a time (possibly during the teenage years, I hear thats pretty common) where my kids won't love or need me. But that doesn't matter because I will still love them. Having kids means having more love in your life, come what may. No matter how old they get they will always be my little buddy and my baby girl. Even when I am gone from this world I will still be their mother. I will always be there for them and love them. I will always be cheering for their accomplishments and giving kisses for owies. I love you, my little monkey's! And I'm grateful everyday for you! muwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment