shabby background

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My funny Valentine

Valentine's Day 2012

 I was trying to take pictures of the kids to send out Valentines to family and friends this year but we had so many production delays I decided to just post the one's I did get. Gabe was asleep in the car, I guess 10 minutes to this field was just a bit too far to stay awake for.:)



 We got doorbell ditched this year by Cupid! He left us tons of candy, chocolates, and best of all, movie theater gift cards! Cupids car that we saw trying to sneak out of the neighborhood sure looked a lot like Nana's.... 
Thanks again Cupid, we heart you. xoxo

We were so spoiled by neighbors this year for V-day. The amazing treats just kept coming all day long. I don't think I ate breakfast or lunch, I just kept eating brownies and sugar cookies. They were sooooooo good.


 Too much candy on V-day = kids in time out.
Here they are, hugging it out. I can't even remember why they got in trouble.

 Elle somehow manipulated me into volunteering for her school's Valentines party. She told the teacher I really wanted to come for it then came home and told me the teacher really needed me to come in. I thought this was odd since the usual protocol is that the teacher would send home a note asking for willing volunteers. I have already volunteered for almost every school party this year so I was just going to let it slide and not go unless the teacher sent me a note. Fast forward to the day of, I'm dropping off Elle's valentines for her class and the teacher asks when she can expect me back for the party, saying that Elle has been telling her that I would be there. I thought it was weirdly sweet that she would go through so much trouble so that she could hang out with me at school, and they were running low on helpers anyway, so I caved and came back. We had such a good time, I'm glad I went. I figure someday she'll be totally embarrassed for me to show my face anywhere near her school so I might as well soak it up while she's still totally excited to show me off to her friends. Thanks Ellie Bellie.


 I was too tired from all the festivities that day to make the dinner I had planned. Enter Chef Beau-r-dee. He came home from a long day at work, took one look at my glazed stare and went upstairs and started cooking up a storm. Elle and I decorated the table with the candy we got and we topped everything off with sparkling cider (dyed pinkof course). All in all, an awesome v-day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment