shabby background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Big Apple


Beau and I went to New York for a few days with his company for a trade show. I was a "booth bunny" which means I just greeted people who wanted to l
ook at our stuff then directed them to the people who really knew about the stuff. Which is Beau. We ended up working more than we thought and didn't get to see as much as we wanted but we did see a play and ate at a nice restaurant.
We had a segway in the booth to entice people in. It was so much fun to ride! I would love to have one to go get the mail and zip around the neighborhood but alas, they are like, 6 thousand dollars. poo. Here's Beau giving me his best Zoolander look as he spins around.

Here's Beau helping the other Booth Bunny onto the segway for the first time. Check out those heals! That's pretty much how we enticed all these older business gentlemen to ride it. They would shake their heads and laugh when we asked if they wanted to ride it, then Asta and I would point to our spiky heals and say, "If we can do it, you can". Then they would sheepishly step on and start zipping around with big smiles across their faces.

We ate at "The View", which is a restaurant from the talk show "The View". It's completely circular, glass, and it spins very slowly 360 degrees so you can see the entire city as you eat. It has a great "View". ha! I was afraid it was going to make me sick to spin and eat but it goes so slowly you don't even notice. It took us about an hour and 15 minutes to make one revolution. This was my dessert I pretty much hurt m
yself eating after I was already full, but it was too good! Lemon tart, lemon cookie, Lemon custard, then lemon sorbet. Oh it was lemonicious!

This was their menu, we thought it was so funny that there was a typo that makes it look like it says "New York's F'nest Cheesecake".
Beau got it, and it really was the F'nest best Cheesecake ever! As good as my dessert was, I wish I had gotten one of these babies! You've never had real New York Cheesecake until you've had this one. I can't even explain it, it was sooooo good! Beau is trying to glare me down so I won't attack it here.
View's from "The View".

Then we went to see The Phantom of the Opera. It was awesome. There were so many Broadway show's we wanted to see but we ended up going for the classic. Since Beau and I often sing the opera at home together in pretend operatic voices, we figured we better see the actual thing.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, another bizarro thing. We used to sing operatic too. Once we sang, Hit Me Baby One More Time entirely in falsetto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! That restaurant looks AMAZING! I'm a HUGE fan of lemon and that plate looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete