shabby background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Elle's graduation from preschool. forever.

I haven't blogged in a really long time so I thought I'd better get to it since pretty soon I'll be blogging about Fall and the kids going back to school. I though it might be nice to get Elle's pre-school graduation finally on here! Plus, one random pic of a dandelion puff that looked really cool.

 Elle did the pledge of aligence which I cannot spell and spell checker has no suggestions for. awesome. She said it perfectly except for saying "the United stakes of America". which I was aware of but thought it was so cute I never corrected her. Oops.






 Elle hugging the boy next to her for a song they were doing. Everyone was supposed to hug and she was very enthusiastic about her turn, as you can see.











 This is Mrs. Hendrix, Elle's awesome teacher. At the end of the program she went around and said something special about each child. When it came to Elle Mrs Hendrix said "This is Elle, and she is my walking encyclopedia. One time she told me, Mrs. Hendrix I already know most of what you teach me but I'll listen anyway".   !!! That is my girl. Smart, competitive, but always polite and helpful. Beau and I always like to think of ourselves as fairly smart people but Elle brings us down to reality at least once a day. Reality being, Elle is smarter than we ever were at that age and even now sometimes.



One more story about Elle, as I was putting her to bed a few nights ago she said, "mom, do you know why people have kids?" me: why? "so that we can teach adults about how to have fun." me: how did you get so smart? Elle: "because you made me that way silly!". Good answer Elle. Good answer. Good night, I love you, have sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like some legit graduation! Looks way more formal than Paige's was- with real graduation caps and gowns! Congrats Elle! Have fun in Kindergarten! :)

    ReplyDelete