shabby background

Monday, June 6, 2011

Carnival time again

Every year we have a local carnival that comes around to our park. The kids love it, but it's a tad scary. Old rides that fall apart while you're are riding them, seat belts that fall to your ankles, carni's with no teeth, porta potties that you fear to step in... They have it all. Yet, every year we go as the park they set up in is about 30 feet from our house and can be seen and heard from every window. We saw most of our neighbors and friends and some point so it was even more fun for all of us.







 Elle spent the entirety of this ride giving her dear friend a good telling off. Over what, I don't know. But that's girls for ya I guess.
 Gabe checking the car engine, his Dad is so proud.
 Oh the gravitron. Elle rode this several times and loved it. One of the times she went the conductor let it run for about 10 minutes. 2 teenagers immediately got off and puked all over the grass. Elle had that dead look in her eye so I made her sit in the stroller and drink some water, then eat some sno cone. I was so mad at that carni but unfortunately I was at another ride with Gabe when she got off, so I couldn't yell at him.


 Don't you love how his orange face matches his orange shirt? I do!



 Elle with one of her school friends. They did not feel like stopping for pictures.


 snow cones!
 snow cones on the clothes.

 My kids have never sat so still for so long and followed an adults directions so acutely before in their lives. Enter, face painting. 


 love love love this picture. I just wish I had wiped that filthy mirror off but I didn't want to touch it. bleh.




Gabe fell asleep in the stroller almost immediately after getting his dinosaur face painting. After he woke up some of the dinosaur had been rubbed off by drool. I showed him a mirror and he asked "mommy? I eat part of my dinosaur?" lol. "yeah,  part of it rubbed off while you were sleeping, thats all." I said.

2 comments:

  1. You got some cute pictures of the boys!! Love the face painting pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest dinosaur face painting ever!! Your kids are so cute! That is fun that you get to do this every year!

    ReplyDelete